39. C. Igci, O. Karaman, Y. Fan, A. A. Gonzales, H. Fenniri, G. Gunbas*, Synthesis of N-Bridged Pyrido[4,3‐d]pyrimidines for Realization of Self-Assembled Bis-Rosette Cages and Nanotubes in Organic Media, Submitted to Scientific Reports
38. G. Oklem, X. Song*, L. Toppare, D. Baran, G. Gunbas*, A New NIR Absorbing DPP-based Polymer for Thick Organic Solar Cells, J. of Mat. Chem. C, 2018, 6, 2957-2961 (Inside Cover)
37. R. Yuksel*, A. Ekber, J. Turan, E. Alpugan, S. O. Hacioglu, L. Toppare, A. Cirpan, G. Gunbas*, H.E. Unalan, A novel blue to transparent polymer for electrochromic supercapacitor electrodes, Electroanalysis, 2018, 30, 266-273
36. K. A. Goulas, G. Gunbas, P. J. Dietrich, S. Sreekumar, A. Grippo, J. P. Chen, A. A. Gokhale, F. D. Toste, ABE Condensation over Monometallic Catalysts: Catalyst Characterization and Kinetics, ChemCatChem, 2017, 9, 677-684
35. R. Yuksel, E. Ataoglu, J. Turan, E. Alpugan, S. Ozdemir, L. Toppare, A. Cirpan, H. E. Unalan*, G. Gunbas*, A new high‐performance blue to transmissive electrochromic material and use of silver nanowire network electrodes as substrates, J. Polym. Sci. Part A: Polym. Chem. 2017,55, 1680-1686 (Cover Article)
34. R. Yuksel, S. Coskun, G. Gunbas, A. Cirpan, L. Toppare, H. E. Unalan, An efficient electrochromic supercapacitor with a color change from green to transparent, J. Electrochem. Soc. 2017, 164, A721-A727
33. K. Goulas, S. Sreekumar, Y. Song, P. Kharidehal, G. Gunbas, P. Dietrich, G. R. Johnson, Y. C. Wang, A. M. Grippo, L. C. Grabow, A. A. Gokhale, F. D. Toste, Synergistic effects in bimetallic palladium-copper catalysts improve selectivity in oxygenate Coupling Reactions, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 6805
32. H. D. Cancar, S. Soylemez, Y. Akpinar, M. Kesik, S. Goker, Gunbas, G.*; Volkan, M.*; Toppare, L.* A novel acetylcholinesterase biosensor: Core-shell magnetic nanoparticles incorporating a conjugated polymer for the detection of organophosphorus pesticides, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2016, 8, 8058–8067
31. G. Atakan, G. Gunbas,* A novel red to transmissive electrochromic polymer based on phenanthrocarbazole. RSC Adv. 2016, 6, 25620-25623
30. S. Sreekumar, M. Balakrishnan, K. Goulas, G. Gunbas, A. Gokhale, L. Louie, A. Grippo, C. D. Scown, A. T. Bell, F. D. Toste, Upgrading lignocellulosic products to drop‐In biofuels via hehydrogenative cross‐coupling and hydrodeoxygenation sequence. ChemSusChem 2015,8, 2609-2614.
29. M. Balakrishnan, E. R. Sacia, S. Sreekumar, G. Gunbas, A. Gokhale, C. D. Scown, F. D. Toste, A. T. Bell, Novel pathways for fuels and lubricants from biomass optimized using life cycle assessment. PNAS 2015, 112, 7645-7649 (Highlighted in C&E News and Discovery News)
28. S. Sreekumar, Z. C. Baer, A. Pazhamalai, G. Gunbas, A. Grippo, H. W. Blanch, D. S. Clark, F. D. Toste, Protocol for the production and conversion of ABE mixture to high-value biofuels. Nat. Protoc. 2015, 10, 528-537.
27.S. Sreekumar, Z. C. Baer, E. Gross, S. Padmanaban, K. Goulas, G. Gunbas, S. Alayoglu, H. W. Blanch, D. S. Clark, F. D. Toste, Chemocatalytic upgrading of tailored fermentation products toward biodiesel. ChemSusChem 2014, 7, 2445-2448.
26. A. Durmus, G. Gunbas, S. C. Farmer, M. M. Olmstead, M. Mascal, B. Leggese, J. Cho. R. L. Beingessner, T. Yamazaki, H. Fenniri, Synthesis of N-Substituted pyrido[4,3-d]pyrimidines for the large scale production of self-assembled rosettes and nanotubes. J. Org. Chem. 2013, 78, 11421-11426.
25. G. Gunbas, M. Mascal, Extraordinary modes of bonding enabled by the triquinane Framework, J. Org. Chem. 2013, 78, 9579-9583.
24. G. Gunbas, W. Shepperd, J. C. Fettinger, M. M. Olmstead, M. Mascal, Extreme oxatriquinanes: Structural characterization of α-oxyoxonium species with extraordinarily long carbon–oxygen bonds. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 8173-8176.
23. G. Gunbas, N. Hafezi, W. Shepperd, I. V. Stoyanova, F. S. Tham, M. Meyer., M. Mascal, Extreme oxatriquinanes and a record C–O bond length. Nature Chem. 2012, 4, 1018-1023 (Highlighted in the cover, Highlighted in Chemistry World)
22. E. S. Stoyanov, G. Gunbas, N. Hafezi, M. Mascal, I. V. Stoyanova, F. S. Tham, C. A. Reed, The R3O+…H+ hydrogen bond: Towards a tetravalent oxadionium ion. J. Am. Chem. Soc, 2012, 134, 707-714 (Selected as a JACS Spotlight article).
21. G. Gunbas, L. Toppare, Electrochromic conjugated polymers – highlights from the Last decade towards realization of long lived aspirations. Chem. Commun. 2012, 48, 1083-1101.
20. G. Gunbas, L. Toppare, Green as it gets; donor-acceptor type polymers as the key to realization of RGB based polymer display devices. Macromol. Symp. 2010, 297, 79-86.
19. S. Gunes, D. Baran, G. Gunbas, A. Durmus, A. Fuchsbauer, N. S. Sariciftci, L. Toppare, A green neutral state donor-acceptor copolymer for organic solar cells. Polym. Chem.2010, 1, 1245-1251.
18. U. Bulut, G. E. Gunbas, L. Toppare, A quinoxaline derivative as a long wavelength photosensitizer for diaryliodonium salts. J. Polym. Sci., Part A: Polym. Chem. 2010, 48, 209-213.
17. F. Ozyurt, A. Durmus, E. G. Gunbas, L. Toppare, A low-band gap conductive copolymer of bis-3-hexylthiophene substituted 4-tert-butylphenyl quinoxaline and 3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene. J. Solid State Electrochem. 2010, 14, 279-283.
16. B. Aydogan, G. E. Gunbas, A. Durmus, L. Toppare, Y. Yagci, Highly conjugated thiophene derivatives as new visible light sensitive photoinitiators for cationic polymerization. Macromolecules 2010, 43, 101-106.
15. A. Balan, D. Baran, G. Gunbas, A. Durmus, F. Ozyurt, L. Toppare, One polymer for all: benzotriazole containing donor-acceptor type polymer as a multi-purpose material. Chem. Commun. 2009, 6768-677.
14. S. Kiralp, P. Camurlu, G. Gunbas, C. Tanyeli, I. Akhmedov, L. Toppare, Electrochromic properties of a copolymer of 1-4-di[2,5-di(2-thienyl)-1H-1-pyrrolyl] benzene with EDOT. J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 2009, 112, 1082-1087.
13. G. A. Cetin, A. Balan, A. Durmus, G. Gunbas, L. Toppare, A new p- and n-dopable selenophene derivative and its electrochromic properties. Org. Electron.2009, 10, 34-41.
12. A. Balan, G. Gunbas, A. Durmus, L. Toppare, Donor-acceptor polymer with benzotriazole moiety: Enhancing the electrochromic properties of the "donor unit". Chem. Mater. 2008, 20, 7510-7513.
11. G. E. Gunbas, A. Durmus, L. Toppare, A unique processable green polymer with a transmissive oxidized state for realization of potential RGB-based electrochromic device applications. Adv. Func. Mater. 2008, 18, 2026-2030.
10. S. Gunes, D. Baran G. Gunbas, F. Ozyurt, A. Fuchsbauer, N. S. Sariciftci, L. Toppare, Photovoltaic and photophysical properties of a novel bis-3-hexylthiophene substituted quinoxaline derivative. Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. C.2008, 92, 1162-1169.
9. Y. A. Udum, E. Yildiz, G. Gunbas, L. Toppare, A new donor-acceptor type polymeric material from a thiophene derivative and its electrochromic properties. J. Polym. Sci., Part A: Polym. Chem. 2008, 46, 3723-3731.
8. Y. A. Udum, A. Durmus, G. E. Gunbas, L. Toppare, Both p- and n-type dopable polymer toward electrochromic applications. Org. Electron. 2008, 9, 501-506.
7. G. E. Gunbas, A. Durmus, L. Toppare, Could green be greener? Novel donor-acceptor-type electrochromic polymers towards excellent neutral green materials with exceptional transmissive oxidized states for completion of RGB color space. Adv. Mater. 2008, 20, 691-695. (Inside Cover, Top 10 accessed of the month)
6. F. Ozyurt, E. G. Gunbas, A. Durmus, L. Toppare, Processable and multichromic polymer of bis-3-hexylthiophene substituted 4-tert-butylphenyl quinoxaline. Org. Electron.2008, 9, 296-302.
5. K. Aydemir, S. Tarkuc, A. Durmus, G. E. Gunbas, L. Toppare, Synthesis, characterization and electrochromic properties of a near infrared active conducting polymer of 1,4-di(selenophen-2-yl)-benzene. Polymer 2008, 49, 2029-2032.
4. G. E. Gunbas, P. Camurlu, I. M. Akhmedov, C. Tanyeli, A. M Onal, L. Toppare, A fast switching, low band gap, p- and n-dopable, donor-acceptor type polymer. J. Electroanal. Chem. 2008, 615, 75-83.
3. A. Durmus, G. E. Gunbas, L. Toppare, New, highly stable electrochromic polymers from 3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene-Bis-substituted quinoxalines toward green polymeric Materials. Chem. Mater. 2007, 19, 6247-6251.
2. A. Durmus, G. E. Gunbas, P. Camurlu, L. Toppare, A neutral state green polymer with a superior transmissive light blue oxidized state. Chem. Commun. 2007, 3246-3248. (Cover Article)
1. A. Cirpan, H. P. Rathnayake, G. Gunbas, P. M. Lahti, F. E. Karasz, New conjugated materials containing cyano substituents for light-emitting diodes.Synth. Met. 2006, 156, 282-286.
5. S. Sreekumar, K. Goulas, B. Madhesan, G. Gunbas, A. Gokhale, F. D. Toste, A. T. Bell, Method to Convert Lignocellulosic Furfural and Bioalcohols to Fuels and Lubricants. Patent Application in Preparation.
4. E. Sacia, A, Pazhamalai, B. Madhesan, S. Sreekumar, F. D. Toste, A. Gokhale, M. Carrera, A. T. Bell, G. Gunbas, Methods for producing fuels, gasoline additives, and lubricants , US Patent 9,738,617, 2017
3. Z. C. Baer, H. W. Blanch, D. S. Clark, S. Sreekumar, F. D. Toste, G. Gunbas, K. A. Goulas, A. A. Gokhale, J. B. Binder, Methods to produce fuels, US Patent 9,790,444, 2017
2. S. Sreekumar, F. D. Toste, A. Gokhale, G. Gunbas, B. Madhesan, A. T. Bell, E. Sacia, G. E. Arab, Methods for Producing Cyclic and Acyclic Ketones, PCT Int. Appl. (2015), WO2015148412 A3
1. L. Toppare, G. Gunbas, A. Durmus, Ticari RGB tabanlı elektrokromik cihaz uygulamarının gerçekleştirilebilmesi için yükseltgenmiş halde geçirgen, özgün, işlenebilir yeşil polimer. Turkish Patent TR 2010 08266 B
G. Gunbas, “New Design Principles for Realization of High Performance Electrochromic Materials”, ACS 253rd National Meeting, San Francisco, USA, April 2-6, 2017
G. Gunbas, “Using Heterotriquinane and Benzoheterotriquinane Molecular Framework to Test the Limits of Bonding and Reactivity”, Anatolian Conference on Synthetic Organic Chemistry, March 21-24, 2016
G. Gunbas, “Development of Novel Catalysts for Upgrading Biomass to Renewable Diesel Range Fuels and Lubricants” Nano-Tr 12, 12th Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Conference, Turkey, June 03-05, 2016 (Invited talk)
G. Gunbas, “An Organic Chemist in the Realm of Photovoltaics” International Workshop on Advanced Materials and Processes for Energy Applications, April 20-24, 2016 (Flash Talk)
K. Goulas, S. Sreekumar, G. Gunbas, D. Toste, “Acetone-butanol-ethanol condensation catalysis: Evolution and kinetics”Abstracts of Papers, 247th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Dallas, TX, United States, March 16-20, 2014
G. Gunbas, E. Stoyanov, N. Hafezi, M. Mascal, S. Irini, F. Tham, W. Shepperd, C. Reed, “Extreme oxatriquinanes: From protonating oxonium cations to record long C–O bonds.” 243rd ACS National Meeting & Exposition, San Diego, CA, United States, March 25-29, 2012, (Oral presentation)
Gunbas G. “Green as it Gets: Donor-Acceptor type Polymers as the Key to Realization of RGB Based Polymer Display Devices.” 13th International IUPAC Conference on Polymers and Organic Chemistry, Canada, July 5-9, 2009 (Invited talk)