Ergin TÖNÜK, Ph.D.Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering Department, Graduate Program of Biomedical Engineering, Middle East Technical University
Computer Simulation and Experimental Verification of Dynamic Behavior of Pneumatic Tires, Finite Element Analysis(Solid Mechanics, Finite Strain, Biological Tissues and Implants, Hyperelastic, Integer Order and Fractional Viscoelasticity Material Models), Analysis and Synthesis of Mechanisms, Machine Dynamics, Computer Aided Mechanical System Analysis, Computer Aided Theory and Dynamics of Machinery Education, Computer Analysis of Compressive Loading Behavior of Soft Tissues, Finite Element Modeling of Trans-Tibial Amputee Residual Limb and Prosthetic Socket Interface, Soft Tissue Biomechanics, Dental Biomechanics and Dental Implants, Mechanical Interaction of Dental Implants with Bone and Bone Remodelling, Computerized 3-D Gait and Motion Analysis, Railway Vehicles.
1. BAP-03-02-2016-001 Design and construction of a portable force plate system for the investigation of postural disorders, Principal Investigator (January 2016-December-2016), successfully completed.
2. TUBITAK 1003, TC0101-Diagnosis, Treatment and Support Oriented Novel Medical Devices Call, 213M708, Patient-Specific Orthopedic Implant Design and Production with Tissue Engineering Methods, Researcher (2014-2016), successfully completed.
3. TUBITAK 1003, TC0101-Diagnosis, Treatment and Support Oriented Novel Medical Devices Call, 113S103, Multiplanar Internal and External Bone Fixation Implant Researcher (2013-2016), successfully completed.
4. Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Research and Application Center (ODTÜ-BİOMATEN BAP.08-11 DPT 2011 K 120350, January 2011-December 2015), successfully completed .
5. Renovation of Current Soft Tissue Indenter for The Purpose of Detemining The Constitutive Equations and Related Material Coefficients of Soft Biological Tissues (METU BAP-03-02-2010-02, Augıust 2008- December 2009) successfully completed.
6. ME 410 Stress Analysis by Using Strain Gages New Experimental Setup Preperation using Tequipment SM 100 Universal Materials Testing Machine (METU BAP-2008-03-02-02, Augıust 2008- August 2010), successfully completed.
7. Experimental determination and computer modelling of mechanical behavior of bulk soft tissues (METU BAP-2006-07-02-00-01, March 2006-September 2008), successfully completed.
8. Implementation of an Electronic Data Acquisition Unit to the Soft and Hard Tissue Testing Unit, Researcher (TÜBİTAK SBAG-AYD479, February 2005-February 2006), successfully completed.
9. Experimental Investigation of Soft Tissue Mechanical Properties of Trans-Tibial Amputee Residual Limbs, Principal Investigator (METU BAP-2003-07-02-00-06, April 2003-April 2005), successfully completed.
10. The Measurement Method of the Fibular Torsion and Exposition of the Clinical Importance of the Fibular Torsion, Researcher (TÜBİTAK SBAG-2592 , August 2002- August 2005), successfully completed.
11. Improvement of METU Tire Testing Setup Facility, Principal Investigator (TÜBİTAK MİSAG-A-65, August 2002- January 2003), successfully completed.
12. An Indenter for the Investigation of Soft Tissue Mechanical Properties of Trans Tibial Prosthesis Users, Principal Investigator (TÜBİTAK MİSAG-183, August 2001-June 2004), successfully completed.
13. Investigation of Bulk Soft Tissue of Trans-Tibial Amputees, Researcher (The Whitaker Foundation, USA, October 1998-May 2000), successfully completed.
14. Finite Element Modeling of Pneumatic Automobile Tires, Researcher (TÜBİTAK MİSAG-86 July 1996- September 1998), successfully completed.
15. Finite Element Modeling of Pneumatic Automobile Tires, Researcher (METU AFP-96-03-02-01 June 1996-September 1998), successfully completed.
Master of Science Thesis:
Experimental Analysis of Tire Rolling Resistance
by Uğur Ahmet
Co-Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Y. Samim ÜNLÜSOY
Successfully completed in December 2002 with partial support under grant TÜBİTAK MİSAG-A-65.
by Ezgi CİVEK
Co-Supervisor: Prof. Dr. S. Turgut Tümer
Sucessfully completed in December 2006
by Pınar KAFALI
Co-Supervisor: Prof. Dr. S. Turgut Tümer
Sucessfully completed in May 2007
by Atılım ESER
Co-Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Kıvanç AKÇA (Hacettepe University Faculty of Dentistry)
Sucessfully completed in July 2007
by Osman KILIÇ
Co-Supervisor: Prof. Dr. S. Turgut Tümer
Acknowledgement: Prof. Dr. Gürsel Leblebicioğlu for his contributions to the thesis and mechanical verifications of arthroscopic surgeries he performed using the model developed in this thesis.
Sucessfully completed in September 2007
Thesis of the year award
Dr. Mustafa N. Parlar Foundation.
by Kerem ÜSÜ
Sucessfully completed in September 2008.
by Ali Tolga PETEKKAYA
Sucessfully completed in September 2008.
by Nagehan DEMİRCİ
Sucessfully completed in February 2012.
Design of a
Computerized Dynamic Posturagraphy Machine
BÜYÜKSUNGUR, S., TANIR, T.E., BÜYÜKSUNGUR, A., BEKTAS, E. I.,
KOSE, G.T., YUCEL, D., BEYZADEOGLU, T., CETINKAYA, E., YENIGUN,
C., TÖNÜK, E., HASIRCI, V., HASIRCI, N., 3D
printed poly(ε-caprolactone) scaffolds modified with
hydroxyapatite and poly(propylene fumarate) and their effects
on the healing of rabbit femur defects, Biomaterials
Science, V. 5, p. 2144-2158, 2017.
2. BEKMEZ, Ş, ÜZÜMCÜGİL, A.,
KALAFAT, E., MERMERKAYA, M. U., DEMİRCİ, N, TÖNÜK, E., LEBLEBİCİOĞLU,
Mechanical Properties of Skeletal Muscle: Analyzing the
Effects of Denervation with Mathematical Modelling in a
Rabbit Quadriceps Model, Acta Medica, V.3, 68-74, 2014.
3. ASHRAFI, P, TÖNÜK, E., Indentation and Observation of
Anisotropic Soft Tissues Using an Indenter Device, Süleyman Demirel University,
Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences V 18, 10-20, 2014.
4. YOUSEFI, A, TÖNÜK, E., KENTEL, B.B., In
Vivo Verification of Different Hip Joint Center Estimation
Methods in Gait Analysis For Healthy Subjects, Süleyman Demirel University,
Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences V 18, 157-166, 2014.
5. PEKTAŞ, Ö.; TÖNÜK, E., Mechanical
and Laboratory Testing of a Dental Implant with Axial
Flexibility Similar to Natural Tooth with Periodontal
Ligament, Proceedings of The Institution of Mechanical
Engineers Part H-Journal of Engineering in Medicine, 228(11), 1117-1125 .
6. DEMİRCİ, N., TÖNÜK, E., Non-integer
viscoelastic constitutive law to model soft biological
tissues to in-vivo indentation, Acta of Bioengineering
and Biomechanics, v. 16 no: 4 13-21 DOI:
7. BOZKURT, M, APAYDIN, N., TÖNÜK, E., IŞIK, Ç., ÇAY, N., KARTAL, G., AÇAR, H. İ., TUBBS, S. R., Impact fo fibular torsion and rotation an chronic ankle instability, Foot and Ankle Surgery, v.20, pp. 125-129.
8. ESER, A, TÖNÜK, E., AKCA, K., DARD, M.M., CEHRELİ, M. C., Predicting bone
remodeling around tissue- and bone-level dental implants
used in reduced bone width, Journal of
3 September 2013.
9. ÖÇGÜDER, A, GÖK, H.,
HEYCAN, C., TECİMEL, O., TÖNÜK,
E., BOZKURT, M., Effects of custom-made insole on gait pattern of
patients with unilateral displaced intra-articular calcaneal
fracture: Evaluation with computerized gait analysis,
Acta Orthopaedica et Traumatologica Turcica, 46 (1) pp. 1-7.
10. TÖNÜK, E., CHAPTER 8.
Strain Measurement and Electric Resistance Strain Gauges, in,
Biomechanics of Oral Implants:
Handbook of Researchers, Murat Cavit Cehreli
(Ed), Nova Publishers, 2012, ISBN: 978-1-62100-780-7.
11. DEMİRCİ, N., TÖNÜK, E., A Fractional Calculus
Based Viscoelastic Material Model for Soft Biological
Tissues and Its Finite Element Application, Tenth
Tissue Elasticity Conference, Arlington, Texas, USA, 12-15
12. PETEKKAYA, A. T., TÖNÜK, E., In vivo indenter experiments via Ellipsoid Indenter Tips to Determine the Personal and Local In-Plane Anisotropic Mechanical Behavior of Soft Biological Tissues, Journal of The Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Gazi University, v. 26, n. 1, pp. 63-72, 2011 (in Turkish).
13. UYSAL, H., BOYRAZ, İ., YAĞCIOĞLU, S., OKTAY, F., KAFALI, P., TÖNÜK, E., Ankle clonus and its relationship with the medium-latency reflex response of the soleus by peroneal nerve stimulation, Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, v.21, pp.438-444.
14. ESER, A., TÖNÜK, E., AKÇA, K.,
ÇEHRELİ, M. C., Predicting
time-dependent remodeling of bone around immediately-loaded
dental implants with different designs, Medical
Engineering & Physics, v.32, n.1, pp. 22-31, 2010.
15. ESER, A., TÖNÜK, E., AKÇA, K.,
ÇEHRELİ, M. C., Numerical
Simulation of Time-Dependent Remodeling of Bone Around Oral
Loaded Implants, The International Journal of Oral
& Maxillofacial Implants,
v. 24 n. 4, pp. 597-608, 2009.
16. ÖZLÜGEDİK, S:, NAKİBOĞLU,
G., SERT, C., ELHAN, A., TÖNÜK, E., AKYAR, S.,
TEKDEMİR, İ., Numerical Study of the Aerodynamic Effects
of Septoplasty and Partial
The Laryngoscope, v 118, pp. 330-334, 2008.
17. BOZKURT, M., TÖNÜK, E., ELHAN, A, TEKDEMİR, İ., DORAL, M., Axial rotation and medio-lateral translation of the fibula during passive ankle flexion in cadavers, Foot and Ankle International, v 29, n 5, pp. 502-507, 2008.
18. BOZKURT, M., YAVUZER, G., TÖNÜK, E., KENTEL, B. B., Dynamic Function of the Fibula, Gait Analysis Evaluation of Three Different Parts of the Shank after Fibulectomy-Proximal, Middle and Distal-, Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, v. 125, pp. 713-720, 2005.
19. ÇEHRELİ, M. C., AKÇA, K., TÖNÜK, E., Accuracy of a Manual Torque Application Device for Morse-taper Implants: A Technical Note, International Journal of Oral Maxillofac Implants v. 19, pp743-749.
20. TÖNÜK, E., A Device for Assessment of Nonlinear Viscoelastic Material Properties of Soft Tissues In Vivo, Third International Conference on the Ultrasonic Measurement and Imaging of Tissue Elasticity, Lake Windermere, Cumbria, United Kingdom, October 17-20, 2004.
21. TÖNÜK, E., Yıldız, C., Ateşalp, A. S., The Assessment of Nonlinear Viscoelastic Material Properties of Soft Tissues of Residual Limbs of Trans Tibial Amputees, Third International Conference on the Ultrasonic Measurement and Imaging of Tissue Elasticity, Lake Windermere, Cumbria, United Kingdom, October 17-20, 2004.
22. BOZKURT, M., KENTEL, B. B., YAVUZER, G., ÖÇGÜDER; A., HEYCAN, C., TÖNÜK, E., Functional evaluation of intra-articular severely comminuted fractures of the calcaneus with gait analysis, The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery V. 43, n. 6, pp. 374-379, 2004..
23. BOZKURT, M., ACAR, H. İ., APAYDIN, N., LEBLEBİCİOĞLU, G., ELHAN, A., TEKDEMİR, İ., TÖNÜK, E., The Annular Ligament: An Anatomic Study, American Journal of Sports Medicine v. 33 n. 1, pp. 114-118, 2005.
24. TÖNÜK, E., SILVER-THORN, M. B., Nonlinear Viscoelastic Material Property Estimation of Lower Extremity Residual Limb Tissues, ASME Journal of Biomechanical Engineering v. 126, pp. 289-300.
25. BOZKURT, M., ELHAN, A., TEKDEMİR, İ., TÖNÜK, E., An Anatomic Study of the Meniscofibular Ligament, Knee Surgery Sports Traumatology Arthroscopy v. 12, n. 5, pp. 429-433, 2004.
26. TOYRAN, U. A., TÖNÜK, E., ÜNLÜSOY, Y. S., Experimental Determination of Rolling Resistance of Automobile Tires According to SAE J1269 and SAE J1270 Standards, 11th National Machine Theory Symposium, 2003 (in Turkish).
27. APAYDIN, N., ACAR, H. İ., BOZKURT, M., TÖNÜK, E., ELHAN, A., TEKDEMİR, İ., ESMER, A. F., Anatomy of the annular ligament: cadaveric study, Presented at First Joint Meeting of the European Association of Clinical Anatomy and the American Association of Clinical Anatomists, Graz, Austria, and abstract published in Clinical Anatomy 16:542564 (2003).
28. YILDIZ, C., TÖNÜK, E., ATEŞALP, A. S., DAŞTAN, N., Assessment of Trans Tibial Amputee Soft Tissue Mechanical Properties via a Soft Tissue Testing System (Initial Results), 18th National Turkish Orthopedy and Traumatology Congress, 2003 (in Turkish).
29. TÖNÜK, E., Design and Construction of a Test System to Investigate the Mechanical Properties of Soft Tissues. Journal of Mechanical Design and Production Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 42-49, May 2003 (in Turkish).
30. TÖNÜK, E., SILVER-THORN, M. B., Nonlinear Elastic Material Property Estimation of Lower Extremity Residual Limb Tissues. IEEE, Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering Vol 11, No 1, pp. 43-53, March 2003.
31. TÖNÜK, E. Studies in Experimental Determination of Soft Tissue Mechanical Properties in Trans Tibial Ampute Residual Limbs. Engineer and Machinery, Vol. 43, No: 511, pp. 43-49, 2002 (in Turkish).
32. TÖNÜK, E., ÜNLÜSOY, Y. S., Prediction of automobile tire cornering force characteristics by finite element modeling and analysis . Computers and Structures Vol.79, No:13, pp. 1219-1232, 2001.
33. TÖNÜK, E., ÜNLÜSOY, Y. S., Finite Element Estimation of Automobile Tire Cornering Force. Engineer and Machinery Vol. 42, No: 494, pp. 16-20, 2001. (in Turkish)
34. TÖNÜK, E. ,
SILVER-THORN, M. B., Nonlinear Viscoelastic
Material Property Estimation of Lower Extremity Residual
Limb Tissues. First Joint Meeting of BMES and EMBS in
35. TÖNÜK, E. ,
SILVER-THORN, M. B., Effect of Curvature on Lower
Extremity Residual Limb Models. First Joint
Meeting of BMES and EMBS in
36. SILVER-THORN, M. B., TÖNÜK, E.,
KEMP, J., In Vivo Indentation of Lower Extremity Limb Soft
Tissues. First Joint Meeting of BMES and EMBS in
37. SILVER-THORN, M. B., TÖNÜK, E.,
A Device for Viscoelastic Assesment of the Residual Limb Bulk
Soft Tissue Response to Load. First Joint Meeting of
BMES and EMBS in
38. PETEKKAYA, A. T., ÜSÜ, K., TÖNÜK, E., Yumuşak Doku Mekanik Modelleri, Kas İskelet Sistemi Biyomekaniği, Akçalı, İ. D., Gülşen, M., Ün, K. (Eds), ISBN 978-975-6813-89-9, v 1, pp. 197-226, 2009.
39. TÖNÜK, E., TÜMER, S. T.,
Yürüme Analizi, Temel Prensipler, Kas İskelet Sistemi
Biyomekaniği, Akçalı, İ. D., Gülşen, M., Ün, K. (Eds), ISBN
978-975-6813-89-9, v 2, pp. 1109-1136, 2009.
Other Activities :
You may check these pages for details especially about my Ph. D studies on Finite Element Modeling and Experimental Verification of Cornering Behavior of Automobile Tires at the Mechanical Engineering Department of Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey.
Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK, Founder of
©1999-2018 The material contained in this
page can only be used for educational purposes with proper
Number of visitors:
Last Update: 14 February 2018