Sinan Gürel is an Associate Professor in the Industrial Engineering Department of Middle East Technical University. He also serves as the
Associate Director of the Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences at METU. He received his Ph.D. degree in Industrial Engineering from Bilkent University.
He worked as a postdoctoral fellow in Warwick Business School in 2008-2009. He spent September 2006-February 2007 in University of California Berkeley as a visiting researcher.
He has served as the executive committee member of the Turkish Operational Research Society since 2011.
He received the first prize in INFORMS Case Competition in 2012 and the Best Technical Paper Award in AGIFORS 2011.
- U.Arıkan, S.Gürel, and M. S.Aktürk, “A network flow approach for integrated airline recovery with cruise speed control,” Transportation Science, 2017. to appear.
- Ö.Şafak and S.Gürel, and M. S.Aktürk, “Integrated aircraft-path assignment and robust schedule design with cruise speed control,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 84, pp. 127–145, 2017.
- M.Çağlar and S.Gürel, “Public R&D project portfolio selection problem with cancellations,” OR Spectrum, vol. 39, pp. 659-687, 2017.
- O.C.Saka, S.Gürel, and T.Van Woensel, “Using cost change estimates in a local search heuristic for the pollution routing problem,” OR Spectrum, vol. 39, pp. 557-587, 2017.
- H.Gürkan, S.Gürel, and M. S.Aktürk, “An integrated approach for airline scheduling, aircraft fleeting and routing with cruise speed control,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, vol. 68, pp. 38 – 57, 2016.
- U.Arıkan, S.Gürel, and M. S.Aktürk, “Integrated aircraft and passenger recovery with cruise time controllability,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 236, no. 2, pp. 295–317, 2016.
- D.C.Paraskevopoulos, S. Gürel, and T. Bektaş, “The congested multicommodity network design problem,” Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, vol. 85, pp. 166 – 187, 2016.
- S.Gürel and D.Cincioğlu, “Rescheduling with controllable processing times for number of disrupted jobs and manufacturing cost objectives,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 2751–2770, 2015.
- A.S.Duran, S.Gürel, and M. S. Aktürk, “Robust airline scheduling with controllable cruise times and chance constraints,” IIE Transactions, vol. 47, pp. 64–83, 2015.
- M.S.Aktürk, A.Atamtürk, and S. Gürel, “Aircraft rescheduling with cruise speed control,” Operations Research, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 829–845, 2014.
- B.Chen and S.Gürel, “Efficiency analysis of load balancing games with and without activation costs,” Journal of Scheduling, vol. 15, pp. 157–164, 2012.
- S.Gürel, “A conic quadratic formulation for a class of convex congestion functions in network flow problems,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 211, pp. 252–261, 2011.
- M.S.Aktürk, A.Atamtürk, and S.Gürel, “Parallel machine match-up scheduling with manufacturing cost considerations,” Journal of Scheduling, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 95–110, 2010.
- S.Gürel, E.Körpeoğlu, and M.S.Aktürk, “An anticipative scheduling approach with controllable processing times,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 1002–1013, 2010.
- M.S.Aktürk, A.Atamtürk, and S.Gürel, “A strong conic quadratic reformulation for machine-job assignment with controllable processing times,” Operations Research Letters, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 187–191, 2009.
- S.Gürel and M. Selim Aktürk, “Scheduling preventive maintenance on a single CNC machine,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 46, no. 24, pp. 6797–6821, 2008.
- S.Gürel and M.S.Aktürk, “Scheduling parallel CNC machines with time/cost trade-off considerations,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 2774–2789, 2007.
- S.Gürel and M.S.Aktürk, “Optimal allocation and processing time decisions on non-identical parallel CNC machines: [epsilon]-constraint approach,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 183, pp. 591–607, December 2007.
- S.Gürel and M.S.Aktürk, “Considering manufacturing cost and scheduling performance on a CNC turning machine,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 177, no. 1, pp. 325–343, 2007.
- M.S.Aktürk and S.Gürel, “Machining conditions-based preventive maintenance,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 1725–1743, 2007.