Sinan Gürel is an Associate Professor in the Industrial Engineering Department of Middle East Technical University. He received his Ph.D. degree in Industrial Engineering from Bilkent University.
He worked as a postdoctoral fellow in Warwick Business School in 2008-2009. He spent September 2006-February 2007 in University of California Berkeley as a visiting researcher.
He has served as the executive committee member of the Turkish Operational Research Society between 2011-2017.
He received the first prize in INFORMS Case Competition in 2012 and the Best Technical Paper Award in AGIFORS 2011.
- M.Çağlar and S.Gürel, “Public R&D project portfolio selection problem with cancellations,” OR Spectrum, vol. 39, pp. 659-687, 2017.
- O.C.Saka, S.Gürel, and T.Van Woensel, “Using cost change estimates in a local search heuristic for the pollution routing problem,” OR Spectrum, vol. 39, pp. 557-587, 2017.
- U.Arıkan, S.Gürel, and M. S.Aktürk, “A network flow approach for integrated airline recovery with cruise speed control,” Transportation Science, vol. 51(4), 1259-1287 2017.
- Ö.Şafak and S.Gürel, and M. S.Aktürk, “Integrated aircraft-path assignment and robust schedule design with cruise speed control,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 84, pp. 127–145, 2017.
- H.Gürkan, S.Gürel, and M. S.Aktürk, “An integrated approach for airline scheduling, aircraft fleeting and routing with cruise speed control,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, vol. 68, pp. 38 – 57, 2016.
- U.Arıkan, S.Gürel, and M. S.Aktürk, “Integrated aircraft and passenger recovery with cruise time controllability,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 236, no. 2, pp. 295–317, 2016.
- D.C.Paraskevopoulos, S. Gürel, and T. Bektaş, “The congested multicommodity network design problem,” Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, vol. 85, pp. 166 – 187, 2016.
- S.Gürel and D.Cincioğlu, “Rescheduling with controllable processing times for number of disrupted jobs and manufacturing cost objectives,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 2751–2770, 2015.
- A.S.Duran, S.Gürel, and M. S. Aktürk, “Robust airline scheduling with controllable cruise times and chance constraints,” IIE Transactions, vol. 47, pp. 64–83, 2015.
- M.S.Aktürk, A.Atamtürk, and S. Gürel, “Aircraft rescheduling with cruise speed control,” Operations Research, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 829–845, 2014.
- B.Chen and S.Gürel, “Efficiency analysis of load balancing games with and without activation costs,” Journal of Scheduling, vol. 15, pp. 157–164, 2012.
- S.Gürel, “A conic quadratic formulation for a class of convex congestion functions in network flow problems,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 211, pp. 252–261, 2011.
- M.S.Aktürk, A.Atamtürk, and S.Gürel, “Parallel machine match-up scheduling with manufacturing cost considerations,” Journal of Scheduling, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 95–110, 2010.
- S.Gürel, E.Körpeoğlu, and M.S.Aktürk, “An anticipative scheduling approach with controllable processing times,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 1002–1013, 2010.
- M.S.Aktürk, A.Atamtürk, and S.Gürel, “A strong conic quadratic reformulation for machine-job assignment with controllable processing times,” Operations Research Letters, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 187–191, 2009.
- S.Gürel and M. Selim Aktürk, “Scheduling preventive maintenance on a single CNC machine,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 46, no. 24, pp. 6797–6821, 2008.
- S.Gürel and M.S.Aktürk, “Scheduling parallel CNC machines with time/cost trade-off considerations,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 2774–2789, 2007.
- S.Gürel and M.S.Aktürk, “Optimal allocation and processing time decisions on non-identical parallel CNC machines: [epsilon]-constraint approach,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 183, pp. 591–607, December 2007.
- S.Gürel and M.S.Aktürk, “Considering manufacturing cost and scheduling performance on a CNC turning machine,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 177, no. 1, pp. 325–343, 2007.
- M.S.Aktürk and S.Gürel, “Machining conditions-based preventive maintenance,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 1725–1743, 2007.